I need some structure in my blogging life, people. Over the past couple months, I know there are some of you who have actually begun reading my blog from time to time, and I’m embarrassed every time I leave you hanging without content for a week at a time. As a solution, I’m imposing a little structure on myself.
Food Mondays: Recipes.
Style Wednesdays: Fashion, home design, etcetera.
I Fancy Fridays: Favorite things and links for the weekend.
Weekend Whatevers: Randomness, I’m sure.
That’s the plan. As always, I hope to post more than four times a week, but I’m going to commit to those days at least. Now, here goes.
When it comes to food, I’m more adventurous than in other areas of my life. Whether it is fancy French or dive bar fare, I’ll try it. The food I usually talk about here is pretty simple, though, because it is what I actually make in my own kitchen. While I daydream about cooking up a Parisian feast, my reality is more about what is practical for me to put together at the end of a regular school and work day. That is why I’m about to post a “recipe” for grilled cheese sandwiches. Fancy? By no stretch of the imagination. Easy? Exceptionally. Delicious? Completely worthy of a blog post.
Tomato & Mixed Grilled Cheese
The ingredients are the key. Do not cheap out on the ingredients, friends.
- 2 slices of a hearty bread
- 3 slices American or cheddar cheese
- generous amount of goat cheese
- approx. 4 slices of tomato
- 1 T butter
- Heat grill pan over medium heat and melt butter.
- Butter both pieces of bread and then layer cheeses and tomato.
- Once pan is hot, grill sandwich on one side until bread begins to brown (just use a spatula to lift edge and check). Flip and grill on other side until it is browned as well and cheeses are melted.
- Eat. Then make another and eat it as well.
The creaminess of the goat cheese and the sweet bite of the tomato send this over the edge. It literally drew “mmm”s from my mouth, and there’s something about creating a great version of a comfort food that is satisfying.
I hope this Monday is the beginning of a fun week for all of you!