This dinner was a simple experiment gone right. I wanted to make a white wine vinegar sauce, but I didn’t have the goods so I mixed red wine vinegar and balsamic vinegar until it tasted just right. The recipe is pretty loose, but that just means you can easily make it your own.
Vinegar Shrimp Pasta
- 10 jumbo shrimp
- four servings whole wheat pasta
- 1 package frozen brussel sprouts (or fresh, if you have them)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- red wine vinegar
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- herbs of your preference
- Cook pasta and brussel sprouts according to directions.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over low-medium heat. Add shrimp so that they lay flat in pan. Cook for one minute, then add garlic and cook for another minute. Flip shrimp and cook for another 2 minutes or so. Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn heat down and add some red wine vinegar.
- When pasta is finished, add it to shrimp mixture. Drizzle more olive oil, red wine vinegar, and balsamic vinegar to taste. I realize this is very subjective; just taste as you go. Add salt, pepper, and herbs (I used lots of basil) to taste.
- Remove from heat and stir in brussel sprouts.
Can you say yum?