I made this recipe a few weeks ago when my grandmother gave me a sack full of apples from my aunt’s apple tree. It’s simple, fresh, and seasonal. Make it now while you can find incredible apples.
Nana’s Slowcooker Applesauce
- Water or apple juice (maybe 1 cup)
- Cinnamon, cloves, hazelnut, and any other spices you fancy
- Peel and chunk enough apples to fill the slowcooker about an inch deep.
- Pour in enough water or apple juice to cover the bottom.
- Stir in your preferred spices.
- Stir in your sweetener to taste. I prefer brown rice syrup or agave nectar. My grandmother uses Stevia.
- Let it cook. I cooked mine on high for a couple of hours, and then simmered it on low for a couple more hours. Check in every once in a while and stir around, if you want.
This may be the simplest thing you ever make, and it’s delicious.